Divorce Attorney Representing Clients in Clayton, South Carolina
Focused on your needs and those of your family in North Carolina
Whether you are ending a marriage, protecting assets or modifying an original divorce agreement, I am Robert S. Pleasant, an experienced Clayton divorce attorney who is ready to help you as I’ve helped 2,000 clients with their family law matters.
With divorce, it is important to know how your life will be affected both during the legal proceedings and after the divorce is final. In a divorce, you will be making some of the most important decisions of your life regarding your children, property and your future.
I take pride in educating clients about the legal issues and process you will be facing. I make sure you know what to expect so you will be in a better place to make the most informed decisions for your specific situation. You will begin to see that you have choices even if it feels as though you don’t.
I have extensive experience in handling divorce cases, no matter how complex, including:
- Divorce ― Dissolution of a marriage occurs when a marriage is legally terminated. Dissolution actions can be uncontested or contested. I provide you with experienced guidance on both.
- Property division ― I help divorcing parties come to an agreement on how marital property will be distributed.
- Spousal support or alimony ― If divorcing parties cannot agree in writing to spousal support or alimony, then the court awards it. I help you receive the most favorable outcome.
- Child custody and visitation ― I negotiate parenting and visitation agreements to reduce future modifications.
- Child support ― This is determined by formulas set by the state. I ensure the court has accurate information to reach a fair decision on your behalf.
- Modifications ― These are changes made to final agreements or court orders relating to child custody, visitation and support when there has been a substantial change in circumstances. I can protect your interests.
Experienced Clayton divorce lawyer protecting your interests
For help with your divorce law matters, call me at 919-585-1589 or contact me online to schedule an appointment.